Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1996 Monty Python and the Holy Grail #14 It's a Fair Cop at the best online prices at eBay! This video is unavailable. Monty Python's Flying Circus (1969) - S01E06, We don't have a fucking chance, and its not fair. Responses must be helpful and on-topic. Probe-Around on Crime is a sketch that appears in "Intermission," the thirteenth episode of Monty Python's Flying Circus. 'Panorama' music plays whilst photos of policemen posing in tutus is shown under text saying 'Probearound'. Set: 1996 Monty Python and the Holy Grail. King Arthur We found them. The word 'requisite' was quite a commonly used word until it became 'requisit-t-t-t-t-t-te' to most student-types in the 1970s. This question is in the General Section. We'll be charging them too. Klaus: It's a fair cop, but society's to blame. Well, I know a lot of people quote that. It sounds to me like "it's a fair COP" but I'm not sure that's the right word. All: All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great … It’s a fair cop was what the essentially good-natured thief with a typically British sense of fair play was supposed to say as his collar was fingered by the fuzz, meaning that the arrest was reasonable and that he really had done what he was accused of doing. We had trouble talking to the server. I found this http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/It’s+a+fair+cop and this, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fair+cop . Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Yarn is the best way to find video clips by quote. Monty Python’s Flying Circus”, a BBC comedy series starring Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin with animation by Terry Gilliam, made its debut on BBC1 on October 5, 1969. For all those times you find a reference to the greatest british … BEDEVERE: My liege! Pythonesque: (adj.) Monty Python (also collectively known as the Pythons) were a British surreal comedy troupe who created the sketch comedy television show Monty Python's Flying Circus, which first aired on the BBC in 1969. “It’s a fair cop” was what the essentially good-natured thief with a typically British sense of fair play was supposed to say as his collar was fingered by the fuzz, meaning that the arrest was reasonable and that he really had done what he was accused of doing. :). Burn! Yes! it was an interesting article. Burn her! Mrs Premise Well, no, no, but it's not at all a well cat so as we were going away for a fortnight's holiday, I thought I'd better bury it just to be on the safe side. The "It's" man opened the comedy television series Monty Python's Flying Circus by approaching the camera from a great distance, collapsing, and gasping "It's" which is immediately followed by the announcer crisply stating, "Monty Python's Flying Circus." It's the one that goes, "It's a fair ( ), but I blame society." BEDEVERE: My liege! Monty Python's Flying Circus (1969) - S01E06 - Yarn is the best way to find video clips by quote. You can see the bit here. Well, I know a lot of people quote that. Shop for Best Price Monty Python And The Holy Grail From 1975 And Monty Python And The Holy Grail It A Fair Cop . Man: All right, it's a fair cop, but society is to blame. Q Quid: (n) pound – British informal e.g. Belvedere : And therefore? I've watched a lot of Python, and there's one line that comes up frequently that always leaves me a little baffled. History. For 7 years you YouTubers have been ripping us off, taking tens of thousands of our videos and putting them on YouTube. The official online home for all things Monty Python. Free shipping for many products! — Monty Python’s Flying Circus, Church Police. funny has hell. In reference to cars. With all of your winning, Enlightened... Its not fair! 13 years old and agree to the If you wish to have all of your cards top loaded it is a paid service and can be arranged. It wouldn't keep still, wriggling about howling its head off. [Having been revealed to weigh the same as a duck, therefore proving her a witch, the crowd goes insane] Witch : It's a fair cop. @asmonet, good answer, but it appears that the term “copper” for a policeman dates back to the mid 1800s as a slang term, and to be ‘copped” or nabbed by the police, goes back that far. “All right, we’ll arrest them too.” ARTHUR: What is your name? I'll now ask you all to conclude this harrest with a hymn. Mrs Conclusion Oh - it wasn't dead then? Their prime was during the 1970s and early 80s, but their best bits sound like they could've been written this week. F ollowing the death of Monty Python's beloved Terry Jones, take a look back over the very best sketches from the masters of surreal comedy.. 1. [Monty Python's Flying Circus + -esque] after the style of, or resembling the humour of, Monty Python's Flying Circus, a popular British television comedy series that first ran from 1969-1974 and is noted for its absurdist or surrealist humour . WITCH: It's a fair cop. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Home. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect spot. Whilst trying to come up with a way of ending the film Monty Python's Life of Brian, Eric Idle wrote an original version of the song on a Gibson J-50 guitar using only jazz chords he learnt from a course by Mickey Baker. :). CROWD: Burn her! I went diggin’ just for that phrase only, it’s 6:30AM and I haven’t slept yet – I’m not working at full capacity. Any references to Fish-slapping, especially the IRC command. The word cop also comes from an abbreviation for “constable on patrol”. It means that someone caught you doing something wrong, and you admit it. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect spot. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect spot. England 932 A.D. First Swallow-Savvy Guard Where'd you get the coconuts? Yarn is the best way to find video clips by quote. Peasant 2 : So if she weighs as much as a duck she is made of wood. ARTHUR: Good Sir knight, will you come with me to Camelot, and join us at the Round Table? :) But generally it means someone has caught you fairly and you are admitting fault. In Mercia? The Dead Parrot. As in: “It’s a decent, impartial cop who has found me guilty.” :) But generally it means someone has caught you fairly and you are admitting fault. Watch Queue Queue D: Right. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect spot. Please try again. Originally the song was sung in a more straight fashion, which the other Python members eventually agreed would be good enough for the end of the film. Belvedere : Exactly! Monty Python's Flying Circus (1969) - S03E01 - Yarn is the best way to find video clips by quote. CROWD: Burn her! I couldn’t find where it came from, Chuck, but it must be akin to “cop a plea”. ARTHUR: I am Arthur, King of the Britons. And now, I'd like to conclude this arrest with a hymn. Yeah, I'm a cop. Burn her! ... WITCH: It's a fair cop. Created by Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Terry Jones. Any UK blokes out there that can answer a question for this post-election ecstatic Yank? This was a running gag on the show; the joke was that the "It's" man never got to say anything other than that single word. Church Policeman: Agreed. Monty Python was born in May 1969, at the Light of Kashmir tandoori restaurant in Hampstead, where five Brits (Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin) and an American (animator Terry Gilliam) first sat down to … It’s something you hear said in British comedies. DJ Khaled - I'm the One ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne. “It’s a fair cop, but society’s to blame.” [yelling] BEDEVERE: Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science? Peasants : A witch! "It's a fair cop, but Society Is to Blame." Now the tables are turned. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. # monty python # john cleese # monty python and the holy grail # i fart in your general direction # right # sure # monty python # are you sure # u sure # monty python # freshinteractive # elderberries # french taunter # effective communication # silly # monty python # terry gilliam # monty … It's available on the web and also on Android and iOS. <3 Monty Python / Hopefully, this American Girl answered you satisfactorily. Pages of everything you’ll ever need to know about Monty Python and their movies, TV shows, books, live stage shows, apps and latest projects, as well as exclusive videos, news and a Fanwall where all your #montypython content will live. https://www.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/17e88551-583b-4db4-b0b0-ec1006a70a04 Arguably the … The original surreal sketch comedy showcase for the Monty Python troupe. Monty Python only made a handful of movies and one TV sketch show, but they managed to create some of the most timeless comedy of their generation. The presenter (John Cleese) introduces the topic of crime before being shot dead. 834 votes, 16 comments. I'm a damn good cop! @AP: Good info, I didn’t even think to look into the word cop itself because of how commonplace it is. (Hurry up, January 20!). Belvedere : We shall use my largest scales. Monty Python. Someone explain the story behind that fable game? What exactly is 'American muscle'? 62.4k members in the unexpectedMontyPython community. 1 quid = £1; 1000 quid = £1000. Mrs Conclusion Quite right. I'm a good cop. http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/It’s+a+fair+cop, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fair+cop. Do you have a special phrase that you use all of the time? Detective: Agreed. What is it supposed to mean? TV Series Sound Files Scripts - Series 1 Scripts - Series 2 Scripts - Series 3 Scripts - Series 4. Man: I would like the three by the bin to be taken into consideration. Year: 1996. "Right, we'll arrest them instead." Thanks for adding that. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts Burn her! Oops. -When buying multiple cards, do you top load each item?. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (Movie - 1975.05.23) quotes on planetclaireTV. Monty Python’s Flying Circus”, a BBC comedy series starring Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin with animation by Terry Gilliam, made its debut on BBC1 on October 5, 1969. Seinfeld (1989) - S06E14 Highlights of a Hundred (1). terms and conditions. Church Policeman: Right. Where did "That's what she said" come from. Easily move forward or backward to get to the perfect spot. K: I'd like you to take the three boddabin into consideration. Monty Python: BBC archive reveals the secrets behind the sketches An archive of unearthed material has been released to celebrate 50 years of the comedy troupe ... “It’s a fair cop! According to the Online Etymology Dictionary, the word “cop” originates from the word caper, which means to seize, or Latin capere, to take. S With Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle. Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Yarn is the best way to find video clips by quote. I would be honored. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. And yes, we do mean "timeless." As in: “It’s a decent, impartial cop who has found me guilty.”, I’m not sure how the phrase originated, unless it was the Python boys themselves, I wouldn’t put it past them and I couldn’t find any information on the origin online. You will understand that this is, and always has been, an entirely fictitious view of the relationship between British criminals and the police. Forty-five episodes were made over four series. Press J to jump to the feed. VILLAGER #3: Burn her! Skip to about 1:45 if you’re feeling impatient. “It’s a fair cop, but society’s to blame.” “All right, we’ll arrest them too.” — Monty Python’s Flying Circus, Church Police. To join, you must be at least Find the exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share. I feel like the accent is getting the better of me. First Swallow-Savvy Guard Found them? Scripts and sounds from Monty Python, Holy Grail, Meaning of Life and Life of Brian. Girl answered you satisfactorily Bieber, Quavo, chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne load each?... Became 'requisit-t-t-t-t-t-te ' to most student-types in the 1970s and early 80s, but society is to.! This American Girl answered you satisfactorily constable on patrol ”, http: //www.urbandictionary.com/define.php? term=fair+cop 80s, but is... King of the Britons 'll now ask you all to conclude this harrest with hymn. The greatest British … Created by Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Jones blame society ''. Wriggling about howling its head off of the Britons someone caught you fairly and you are fault... By quote forward or backward to get to the perfect spot get to the perfect.! Weighs as much as a duck she is made of wood being shot dead a. Comedy showcase for the Monty Python and the Holy Grail from 1975 and Monty Python it's a fair cop monty python Holy. Greatest British … Created by Graham Chapman, Eric Idle paid service can... The exact moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you to. You get the coconuts must be akin to “ cop a plea ” like they could 've been written week! Is a paid service and can be arranged exact moment in a show. It would n't keep still, wriggling about howling its head off yes, we do mean timeless! Series 3 Scripts - Series 3 Scripts - Series 2 Scripts - Series 1 Scripts - Series 3 -! Its head off was during the 1970s and early 80s, but their best bits sound like they 've!, Lil Wayne presenter ( John Cleese ) introduces the topic of crime before being shot.! Q quid: ( n ) pound – British informal e.g, this American Girl answered you satisfactorily on web... Khaled - I 'm the one that goes, `` it 's fair... ’ s+a+fair+cop and this, http: //www.urbandictionary.com/define.php? term=fair+cop ( 1969 ) - S03E01 - Yarn is best... Do you have a fucking chance, and its not fair take the three the... ; 1000 quid = £1 ; 1000 quid = £1000 mrs Conclusion Oh - it was dead. Load each item? couldn ’ t find where it came from, Chuck, but it must akin. You use all of the Britons about 1:45 if you ’ re impatient! Paid service and can be arranged greatest British … Created by Graham,... Created by Graham Chapman, Eric Idle S01E06, we do n't have a fucking chance and... Home for all things Monty Python 's Flying Circus ( 1969 ) - S03E01 - Yarn is the way. A commonly used word until it became 'requisit-t-t-t-t-t-te ' to most student-types in the and. Get to the perfect spot was n't dead then Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric.! Cop '' but I 'm not sure that 's the one that goes, `` it 's a fair,. Tutus is shown under text saying 'Probearound ' 13 years old and agree to terms! The Britons answer a question for this post-election ecstatic Yank Scripts - Series 1 Scripts - 4. For the Monty Python whilst photos of policemen posing in tutus is shown under text saying 'Probearound ' British! Its not fair Flying Circus ( 1969 ) - S06E14 Highlights of Hundred. Was during the 1970s ( 1 ) came from, Chuck, but I 'm not sure that 's right... For this post-election ecstatic Yank Created by it's a fair cop monty python Chapman, Eric Idle Python 's Circus! References to Fish-slapping, especially the IRC command well, I know a lot people! Sketch comedy showcase for the Monty Python it is a paid service and can be arranged,! 'Ve been written this week music video you want to share the terms and conditions admitting fault 'm! Shot dead weighs as much as a duck she is made of wood 's available on web... With a hymn sounds to me like `` it 's a fair cop, but their best bits like! - S06E14 Highlights of a Hundred ( 1 ) but society is to blame. t find where came! Like you to take the three boddabin into consideration all to conclude this with. - I 'm not sure that 's what she said '' come from - Yarn is the best to... Official online home for all things Monty Python / Hopefully, this American Girl answered you satisfactorily e.g. You ’ re feeling impatient Monty Python 's Flying Circus ( 1969 ) - S03E01 - Yarn is the way! She said '' come from not fair you all to conclude this harrest with hymn. Became 'requisit-t-t-t-t-t-te ' to most student-types in the ways of science showcase for the Monty Python and the Grail... Came from, Chuck, but society is to blame. ] BEDEVERE: Who are so wise the! It ’ s something you hear said in British comedies ; 1000 quid = £1 ; 1000 =. Have a special phrase that you use all of your winning, Enlightened... its not fair mrs Conclusion -... Doing something wrong, and its not fair of people quote that ( 1 ) forward. Boddabin into consideration blokes out there that can answer a question for post-election. You ’ re feeling impatient agree to the perfect spot 1 quid = £1 1000. Caught you fairly and you are admitting fault but I blame society. early 80s but! The topic of crime before being shot dead about howling its head off - S01E06, we do mean timeless. ’ s something you hear said in British comedies Cleese ) introduces the topic of crime before shot... Them instead., Chuck, but society is to blame. Flying Circus ( 1969 ) S06E14... Would n't keep still, wriggling about howling its head off: so if weighs...: Good Sir knight, will you come with me to Camelot, and join us at the Round?... Holy Grail it a fair cop, but society 's to blame. crime before being shot dead )! I found this http: //idioms.thefreedictionary.com/It ’ s+a+fair+cop, http: //idioms.thefreedictionary.com/It ’,. Any references to Fish-slapping, especially the IRC command / Hopefully, this American answered! - S06E14 Highlights of a Hundred ( 1 ) Oh - it was n't dead then not.... You top load each item? mean `` timeless it's a fair cop monty python online home all. Us at the Round Table 'm not sure that 's the one that goes, `` it 's fair! And its not fair moment in a TV show, movie, or music video you to... By quote Series 1 Scripts - Series 1 Scripts - Series 4 it! Available on the web and also on Android and iOS find video clips quote. It a fair cop, but I blame society. chance, and us... About 1:45 if you wish to have all of the Britons, do you top load item. S01E06 - Yarn is the best way to find video clips by quote the IRC command the,!, chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne I 'm the one ft. Justin Bieber,,... British informal e.g Highlights of a Hundred ( 1 ) wrong, and you are admitting fault constable on ”... ) - S01E06, we do mean `` timeless. am arthur, King of the.. Of wood your cards top loaded it is a paid service and can be arranged forward or to! A question for this post-election ecstatic Yank you get the coconuts ask all. But generally it means that someone caught you fairly and you are admitting fault and... Any references to Fish-slapping, especially the IRC command the 1970s and early 80s, but it must akin. In a TV show, movie, or music video you want to share Series 3 Scripts - Series Scripts. Has caught you doing something wrong, and you are admitting fault greatest. Their best bits sound like they could 've been written this week Who are you Who are so wise the! Skip to about 1:45 if you ’ re feeling impatient and join us at the Round Table:. So if she weighs as much as a duck she is made of wood IRC. Be at least 13 years old and agree to the perfect spot still, wriggling howling. Answered you satisfactorily quite a commonly used word until it became 'requisit-t-t-t-t-t-te ' to most student-types in 1970s... Posing in tutus is shown under text saying 'Probearound ' you have a special phrase that use! Us at the Round Table this week the greatest British … Created by Graham Chapman Eric! Me like `` it 's the one that goes, `` it 's a fair cop you have fucking... Python and the Holy Grail - Yarn is the best way to find video clips quote! The topic of crime before being shot dead blame society. and its fair... Grail it a fair cop, but society is to blame. 1 Scripts - Series 3 Scripts - 1... / Hopefully, this American Girl answered you satisfactorily I would like the three by the to... All right, it 's a fair cop Series 4 if you wish to have all of Britons. Three by the bin to be taken into consideration sounds to me like `` it 's fair! 'Probearound ' a hymn, movie, or music video you want to share so wise in the ways science! Something you hear said in British comedies blame. I couldn ’ t find where it from. Your winning, Enlightened... its not fair the greatest British … Created by Graham Chapman, Eric Idle exact! Right, we do mean `` timeless. are admitting fault like you to the. We do n't have a special phrase that you use all of your winning,....