Even the miniature version comes in a Baccarat crystal decanter, making it the perfect gift for the Cognac aficionado, or a special treat with which to spoil yourself (go on, you know you’re worth it….). Best whisky 2020: The smoothest single malt, grain and blended whiskies from £27 Best rum 2020: Our pick of the finest white, dark, spiced and Navy rum, from just £20 In addition not a single additive taints its purity (such as caramel). Weekly updates about our Hennessy V.S. Expensive? W hether it's for a housewarming party, Christmas, or even just to say, "I love you," the gift of a good whiskey symbolizes friendship and care. This VS (very special) cognac is the quintessential Cognac. You may withdraw this consent at any time. Get a 10% Voucher AND Tasting Cognac eBook when you subscribe to our newsletter. (Price: Negotiable). The best to date the best smooth cognac that has ever been made is and always will be is Courvoisier Gold. We're sister and brother, Sophie and Max, and we are part of a new generation of Cognac lovers. 11 Literary-Inspired Cognacs for World Book Day 2020. The story behind this cognac is one of gifting, typically between two people who love each other. But, we have to admit, searching for the smoothest Cognac is a fun (and never ending) pastime. HENNESSY BLACK. $4,000, "This is the most consumed cognac in the world and certainly the cognac I drink most often. More information can be found in our privacy. Photo from Beefeater Gin Beefeater is one of the biggest names in the gin business. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We particularly enjoy the way this VSOP dances on the palate before elegantly passing the baton to a combination of flavors. But, we have to admit, searching for the smoothest Cognac is a fun (and never ending) pastime. Its texture and higher ABV (43%) make it the cognac of choice for many mixologists. Because, let’s face it, the word itself is somewhat ambiguous. The Martell V.I.C party is an opportunity to celebrate with your crew. As the name suggests, this little beauty is produced from a single estate, with each eau-de-vie that makes up the blend coming from the Fins Bois terroir. stories, new products and deals. "I have been brought up with, and have great respect for Hennessy X.O, which was the original X.O created for my great great-grandfather Maurice Hennessy in 1870. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Brandy has been one of the most popular drinks ever since it was first prepared in the 16th century. It boasts a plethora of dark fruits, marrying perfectly to present the drinker with a round smooth taste experience.This blend of Grande and Petite Champagne eaud-de-vie is brought to you in a curvy, contemporary decanter-esque bottle that lends itself perfectly to be displayed on the top of a drinks cabinet. It’s XO in quality— delightful to taste, beautiful to behold, and, for what will surely be a collector’s cognac, represents extremely good value for money. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. I bought it and while a nice product I would never consider getting again. There’s nothing more current than a cocktail sporting a tasty shot of Cognac. One of these bottles was handed down to me and I was happy to get some. $200, "This cognac was created by Yann Fillioux, who is the 7th generation of his family to work for Hennessy as Master Blender. Included in his Top 10 Cognacs are the Audry XO and Bache Gabrielsen 1973.Max founded Cognac Expert in 2010 at his family’s estate in Poullignac, in the Cognac region, France. Learn more about the wonders of Martell Chanteloup Perspective. Look for 100% Petite Cognacs (Not Grand) – 35 years of age or older and from the smaller Cognac houses. Period The Normandin Mercier La Peraudiere is a limited edition Grande Champagne offering. In the past, Hennessy had some trouble regarding the taste of their brandy, but this doesn’t apply to the more sophisticated varieties. Drink Responsibly. hennessy xo is VERY smooth and of great quality, smoother then remy xo premire cru, BUT in no way shape or manner taste nearly as great as Remy xo premire cru. This is 21st century Cognac production at it’s best…. We first came across this Cognac in 2016, and it’s remained one of our favorites since. Soon, I was unceremoniously dumping dozens of … To acquire, all of my clients love it also. Need a new goal in life? Hennessy Privilege VSOP ($50) has a smooth but stronger flavor than VS, with heavier wood on nose. Thanks to its wide bowl and narrow neck, the tulip glass concentrates Cognac’s nose and allows you to best appreciate the spirit’s subtlety and layers of aromatic complexity. Very nice blog. Even though it’s ‘only’ a VSOP, its smooth-rating is off the scale—if you could bottle silk then this is how it would taste…. Hennessy XO Collaborates with Frank Gehry in celebration of its 150th anniversary, Vallein Tercinier Cognac: An intimate history, Cognac: The ultimate ingredient for a Sazerac or Stinger cocktail, New Products by Martell & Hennessy Cognac, Top 10 Fine Champagne Cognacs You Have To Try, 10 Best XO Cognacs: A Family Tasting in 2020 Lockdown, Our Top 10 Cognacs in 2016: A Family Tasting, 10 Best Hors d’Age Cognac under $350: A Family Tasting, A 1914 Vintage Grande Champagne Cognac by Pierre Ferrand in the cellar. You may withdraw this consent at any time. The VSOP label was added to imply “Very Special Old Pal honor of George’s request. When ordering, you are required to confirm, by accepting the Terms of Sale, that you are over eighteen years of age. Hennessy's 1987 merger with Louis Vuitton created the global luxury conglomerate LVHM (Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy) which rakes in billions annually. We use Mailchimp to send emails about Cognac. This cognac is rarely encountered and must be consumed by cognac lovers with utmost concentration. Read more about Cognac ages, or Cognac education in general. #3 of 10 Leading VSOP Cognac Brands of 2017 - Hennessy Cognac VSOP Privilège is a beverage that is inspired by a drink that was created in 1817. Come party with the Chairman M.I and his Choc city crew with music by DJ Neptune … We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By subscribing, you acknowledge that you will It’s a very sophisticated cognac with a smooth silky texture and a long finish. The taste refuses to be pinned down as it varies from each sip—one sip can be particularly strong because of the notes of spice, and the next can be very smooth because you taste the oak. Trois appels de notre part, mais pas de r… https://t.co/0gv2DRLH2r, RT @frankcoleman: Here is an an excellent @cognac_expert blog explaining the concept of Rancio in older Cognacs, how to distinguish it thro…, Get a 10% Voucher AND Tasting Cognac eBook when you subscribe to our newsletter. That popularity has certainly paid off. The company's signature cognac is renowned as a favorite of many a boozy shot-caller, ranging from former North Korean dictator Kim Jong Il to legendary rapper Nas (along with a limo fleet's worth of other Henny-loving hip-hop stars.). So even us lesser mortals are able to enjoy this iconic Cognac. Click to see full answer Similarly, can you use brandy instead of cognac in a recipe? $32, "This cognac is not for sale to consumers. As the family boozer, I was tasked with assessing Grandpa’s liquor cabinet, largely untouched for the last 30 years. In our opinion, smooth means the way in which the individual interprets the combination of aroma, taste, mouthfeel, and finish. Quite simply, this is the epitome of the word smooth. Being as we search long and hard for ultra smooth eau-de-vie we thought only right that we shared our list with you. Bright amber color. 000501 Can you provide a cost. About The Independent commenting Independent Premium Comments can be posted by members of our membership scheme, Independent Premium. The Cognac grading system was actually created by Maurice Hennessy in 1865. Discover more about Hennessy Fine de Cognac, Leopold Gourmel Bio Attitude is light, smooth, and truly eco-friendly. Max is a spirits expert and speaker, into marketing, technology, startups, and business development. Hennessy XO 0 0 Erin Z Lv 4 1 decade ago I would have to say Bailey's if you are looking for something sweet or crown if you are looking for more of liquor than a liqueur. Not only…, As a long-standing emblem of culture and luxury, it is only natural that Cognac producers…, It’s always a privilege to be able to taste a new Cognac. If the recipe calls for brandy, than cognac can definitely be substituted. An amazing Hors d’Age Cognac which we discovered in 2015, La Fontaine de la Pouyade was created purely from Grande Champagne eau-de-vie and released in a strictly limited number of bottles. Try every one of the best weed strains on the planet. A list of smooth Cognacs certainly wouldn’t be complete without including the iconic Louis XIII. Delamain Reserve de la famille is very smooth but NOT a great high end Cognac. He used to live there and some of his descendants still call it home today.